Keep Your Thoughts on Track with Evernote
Gather everything up and see how it all comes together
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you could keep all of your thoughts, ideas, files, and to-do lists in one place?
If you have, but aren’t sure how to make your dream a reality, let us introduce you to two highly useful tools for personal organization. Think of them as little productivity boosters.
Evernote is a wonderful little tool that is like a magical carpet bag – just when you think it cannot possibly hold anything else or do anything more, there is it to surprise you all over again!
With Evernote you can:
- Keep your notes, web clips, files, and images all in one place.
- Access anything stored on Evernote from your desktop or mobile device.
- Store your thoughts on the fly by taking a picture, recording an audio clip, or making a text note.
- Save your favorite websites in their entirely – images, links, and text too!
- Share what you have stored with anyone you choose.
- Plan trips by storing all of your travel information in one place.
- Collaborate on event planning by sharing files, times, dates, and other information.
There is a lot of potential here for increasing your personal productivity. Now you don’t have to worry about leaving an important file at the office or not being able to keep track of all of the different things you have to do. Evernote can also help you share files with coworkers and clients as needed, cutting down on the stress that can come with sharing files with multiple people.
Skitch is a companion service created by Evernote. In order to use Skitch you will need to have an Evernote account, but this isn’t a bad thing at all. With Evernote and Skitch synced you can share all of your Skitch files through your Evernote account, making it that much easier to keep everything in one place.
With Skitch you can:
- Make a point with fewer words, or perhaps none at all. This can be done using annotations, simple shapes, and sketches to draw attention to parts of an image or document.
- Highlight areas of an image or document using color or arrows. Review notes and Skitches created by others and provide feedback from your desktop or mobile device with ease.
Skitch is more like a digital sketchbook and visual communication tool than Evernote. This is why the two work so well together. No matter what way you prefer to work and share your ideas, the combination of Skitch and Evernote can help you accomplish your goals and become a more together and productive person.
There are plenty of tools out there that can help you keep your notes and thoughts together – Evernote and Skitch are two that we have found to be very effective and useful. We encourage you to try them out and see what you think! If you enjoy your experience, make sure that you share it with others so that they too can enjoy the productivity boost and the peace of mind that comes with knowing all of your documents, notes, and musings are in good hands.